Sunday, January 10, 2010

NEW SKILLS FOR OLD HANDS

It all started with a trip to my local yarn shop to get some reinforcing thread for socks. There was this book about making two socks at a time on circular needles...so I bought it along with two pairs of circular needles. Then home to try to make it work. It didn't. So I set things aside for about six months and one day I am sorting through things to sell and I come across the book again. And the sock patterns are so lovely I figure at least I can do them on double-points if all else fails...but why not try the old circular needles again? And this time it worked. At least to the point where the heels are turned. Then I still run into a quandry about adding stitches...but once I am past that stage and have decreased I go back to the circulars. I figure eventually I'll get the middle section right as well. Here are finished socks that fit me perfectly made from my favorite yarn of the season "First Snow". I am a size 7-1/2. The socks are for sale for $25.00. They are handspun Shetland/dyed Merino/Tencel.
And just before Christmas I made two pairs of tot socks. The pair on the left is made from leftovers fromother projects. Pair on the right is "Diva" Shetland yarn. They are for sale for $15.00 each.



No comments:

Post a Comment