Friday, October 16, 2009

TIS THE SEASON TO BE SPINNING

Welcome to the first post on my new blog which will feature the yarns I handspin from my flock of lovely, fine, soft Shetland & colored Cormo sheep. I have a rather large refrigerator box full of rovings waiting for me to get to them stashed in the back of the house. As I get projects finished I plan to post photos and details of the yarns I am creating, so those of you who do not live close enough to visit the farmer's market or Knitter's Niche can indulge your fiber cravings.

Some of those rovings include a gorgeous golden/brown blend of my daughter's favorite ewe Ruby and alpaca and silk. And there's a small amount of cashmere that I blended with a taupey lamb's fleece that is ultra-soft. I have also started blending some angora into my Shetland rovings and have a lovely dove grey batch. And then there is the bag of brown Merino that was blended with coarsely carded unbleached silk(golden in color)that I'll be plying with Tennyson(my very soft, fine brown ram).

So stay tuned. Photos will be coming early next week of the yarn's that are already spun up.

1 comment: